Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Just So You Know...

I AM here. And, now that I've sussed it, I can blog. Have a chest infection and can't ride so am not seeing many poeple. Hopefully the Doc will rattle his bones and mutter the healing words over my prone form tomorrow so I can ride without coughing for the first time in 4 weeks.

We have 2 (possibly 3) new club members. Jo (the little one not the big one) may also have lined up another 15 yr old youth sprinter from North of the border to join. Give him till the end of the week. Also, Scott - a 15 yr old who has rarely ridden- showed real potential for sprinting at a schools tournament, and Simon - another 15 yr old, this time from Eastlands who is keen to sprint.

I'm not sure what it is with her (Jo) and young lads - why isn't she bringing more vets to swell our membership?

Any suggestions for Jo's think bubble in this pic. Perhaps "If I fall sideways and land on Ski, do I get to keep him all for myself?"

4 Comments:

Blogger Joanne said...

Hope you feel better very soon!

12:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Might have something to do with the new surface, rode the track in the first week of re-opening and haven't stopped coughing since. Don't feel ill, just sound like a 40 a day smoker starting up in the morning.
Keep taking the medicine.

Dave O

8:55 AM  
Blogger Joanne said...

Dave, I think you are just out of practice!

9:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

More than likely I have to admit. The lure of road racing is starting to get hold of me and drag me away from riding circles indoors. The only chance of being saved is to get to the gym and become a sprinter - and as we all know, it would take alot of work for me to be a sprinter. I'm sure it will all change once it starts raining again and the nights draw in.
Dave

11:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home